GEIS (Geisenheim University) was founded in 2013 from the former Geisenheim Research Centre (GRC) and the faculty of the University of Applied Sciences (HSRM). Beside a range of different Bachelor and Master degrees in the field of Viticulture and Enology at Geisenheim University (GEIS) the entire production chain from field to the final product are available for research purposes. The Department of Viticulture has the facilities of different eco-physiological measuring techniques such as infrared thermography, multispectral imaging, PAM and experiences in climate modelling. Even the Hochschule Geisenheim University has access to 24ha own experimental vineyards.
The GEIS partner is involved in the following main tasks:
- Leads the establishment of the operational requirements, and the comprehensive and appropriate protocols for real-time monitoring vineyard quality (WP1).
- Participates in the design of the on-the-go multisensory robot (WP2).
- Contributes to data fusion and modelling (WP3).
- Supports partners in the data management process and robot validation (WP4).
- Participates in the in-field demonstrations (WP2 & WP4).
- Contributes to the dissemination of the results and management of the project (WP5 and WP6).