Since 2010 WALL (WALL-YE) has develop an advanced robot for use in agriculture and, particularly, in viticulture. Specialized in distribution of mapping (GisMap) and traceability software (GisMapTrace), develops software for the wine world too. Programs are adapted for winegrowers, cooperative wineries with computerized cadastral lots. With its logic mapping and follow-up software, Wall-YE created robot V.I.N. The robot collects “dynamic data” and performs the work defined by winemakers (pruning, budding, soil working). Partner’s previous experience with the robot allows for using it with agronomical applications on the project.
The main tasks to be carried out by the WALL partner are as follow:
- Lead the design of the multisensory robot operational requirements (leader of WP2).
- Participate in data fusion and modelling (WP3).
- Support the partners in the data management process (WP4).
- Participate in the platform validation (WP4).
- Participates in the in-field demonstrations (WP2 & WP4).
- Dissemination activities and management (WP5 and WP6).