AVAN (Avanzare) contributes with nanotechnology and sensors’ expertise to the project. Focusing on sensors, the company develops sensor-based nanomaterials for the wine, beer and cider industries. These sensors are based in intrusive methodologies and monitor different parameters in winemaking processes. Avanzare’s role in the project will increase the scope of their platform commercialization providing a new product for existing clients in 9 of the 11 principal world wine regions: France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, USA, Chile, Argentina and Australia. The platform will ease the implementation of the project in the real world, centered in the wine industry.
Partner Avanzare has an extensive experience in different national and European projects related to the development of sensors for instance, SECUREVIN and DEMETER. In addition, the partner is well-known in the European scenario for projects such as DIBBIOPACK, BUONAPARTE, NANOMASTER, PHOENIX, etc. Avanzare has developed new sensors for selecting parameters and nanotechnology miniaturization. In addition the industrial point of view brought into the project by Avanzare provides technical and agronomic requirements through existing and potential customers.
Avanzare carries out the following main tasks within the project:
- Establishes the agronomical and expected sensor parameters requirements (WP1).
- Supports data fusion and modelling tasks (WP3).
- Supports partners in the data management process (WP4).
- Participates in the in-field demonstrations (WP2 & WP4).
- Takes part in the platform validation (WP4).
- Leads WP5 (dissemination of the results).
- Support in the management of the project (WP6).