Partner UDLR is the project coordinator made up by the Televitis and EDMANS research groups from the University of La Rioja.
The Televitis group—project coordinator—has long-term proven research experience in precision viticulture such as fluorescence-based applications for the determination of several compositional parameters in grapes and leaves; besides extensive proficiency in grapevine physiology, canopy management and assessment of the spatial-temporal variability of vegetative and reproductive (yield) growth and grape composition in vineyards.
Project coordinator leads WP6, and carries out the following major tasks:
- Provides technical and agronomical requirements including the multi-sensor robot, fusion and modelling and data management requirements (WP1).
- Participates in the design of the on-the-go multisensory robot (WP2).
- Contributes to data fusion and modelling (WP3).
- Supports partners in the data management process (WP4).
- Partakes in the platform validation with the end user (WP4).
- Participates in the in-field demonstrations (WP2 & WP4).
- Contributes to the dissemination of the results (WP5).
The EDMANS (Engineering Data Mining And Numerical Simulations) group focuses on data mining, machine learning, predictive modelling, finite element analysis (FEM), and computational fluid dynamics (CFD). It is one of the most active groups at University of La Rioja. Over the last 10 years, 9 EC, 11 national government projects, and more than 50 other R&D ones with Spanish and European companies have been tackled. The work has yielded more than 50 papers, 25 PhDs and 15 patents (7 being exploited).
EDMANS is in charge of the following tasks in the project:
- Supports partners in the data management process introducing data mining, artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques to discover how to operate in a changing environment (WP4).
- Contribute to the dissemination of the results and management (WP5 and WP6).